Friday, June 14, 2013

So long and farewell Costa Rica

When Dr, Tabi asked me to come to Costa Rica just a few months ago, I was kind of spectacle of what this trip would offer me. Now that this trip is almost over, I have to say that this has been one of the best experiences of my life. As an up and coming nurse, I know all the experiences that I have gained from this trip and the cultural barriers I broke within myself will help me become a better and more responsible person. The nursing clinics has given me the opportunity to get a head start on the skills that I will need to have while in the program at Georgia Southern University. The people I met in the clinics were so thankful for all the services we gave them, and know I know that I want to be a nurse now. Seeing the expression of thankfulness on each person’s face gave me goose bumps. I will never forget what I did for them, and I hope they will never forget me.

Costa Rica is such a beautiful place. The people, the nature, and the places are all so different, but I will always appreciate everything I had the chance to do here, from doing clinics to snorkeling in the ocean. I have to thank Dr, Tabi for giving me this opportunity to spend these two amazing weeks here. Also, Laura for giving me the full Costa Rican experience while here. So this is a farewell to Costa Rica for now. I know that I will be back some time in my life to experience it all over again. As always… Pura Vida en Costa Rica. 

No comments:

Post a Comment