Monday, June 10, 2013

Pura Vida!

Being in Costa Rica was been one of the most amazing events of my life so far. This country is so intact with nature and the people I have met have been so kind. My host family has been so caring and generous since I have arrived. I am so thankful for them allowing me to become part of their family. They are such hard workers and try their very best to accommodate every need that I have, even though I don’t ask for much. I can definitely tell how our cultures are different. My host mother is in her seventies and she works as if she is forty or fifty. It’s just unbelievable how committed they are towards sustainability. The city of San José is huge and very busy. All though the day I hear people talking, vehicles honking their horns, and the wild life moving about outside. In the mornings, I have the privilege to get fresh bread from the bakery a block from my house. I love this so much; just the fact of doing this excites me so much. I really can’t explain why, but I could probably say it is the simplicity of daily life here is what gives me that feeling. We have traveled to a couple of different provinces here in Costa Rica and each one gets better than the last. We went to the Arenal Volcano resort, La Fortuna Waterfall, Baldí Hot spring resort and spa, and to the Ram Luna Restaurant so far. All of those places were absolutely gorgeous. So far my favorite place was the La Fortuna Waterfall. I have never been to such a beautiful place that is surrounded by nature in its most primitive state. So far, Costa Rica has been such an influential place in my life, and we still have another week. I’m looking forward to what else she has in store for me. As the say here, Pura Vida!
                                             San José, Costa Rica sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment