Monday, June 10, 2013

My experiences thus far.

It's day 10 and I've already experienced more than I ever thought I would on this trip. The first week we traveled to the different nursing homes and were able to give care to our patients. All of the patients in the nursing homes were very patient with us as we tried to overcome the language barrier. If ever we didn't understand we just smiled at one another. When in doubt smile. A smile goes a long way and is universal all over the world. The gratitude from the patients after we did foot assessments, checked blood pressure or even just danced was enough to reassure me that I have in fact chosen the right career path. All of this is so new to me because I'm only a rising junior 1 student. With the being said, I came into this blind not knowing how to do blood pressure or anything really. The other students on the trip took me under their wing and taught me everything. I am incredibly blessed to have met these girls and guys. With the experience I have already gained I will be a few steps ahead of my classmates and hopefully be able to teach them the things I have already learned. Being here and participating in clinicals, I am able to calm my nerves a little bit before I start clinicals in the fall. I am really looking forward to what the next four semesters has in store for me. ¡Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment