Monday, June 10, 2013

Coffee: More Than Just a Drink

Get a warm cup of coffee and hold it close to you. Take in the aroma of this decadent drink and let it take you to a new place! As I sit in Costa Rica, taking this beautiful paradise in, coffee puts it all in perspective for me. A warm place filled with beautiful people, all generous and willing to give. As I sip on a warm cup of coffee,  the temperature of it reminds me of how warm it is here and its liquid form  reminds me of the rain that comes every afternoon to nourish the Earth. The stimulating aroma brings me to the beautiful lifestyle of these people and the generosity towards others that is given here. Today we traveled to Cafe Britt, a coffee brewery that is making strides not only to bring Costa Rica to a better economical state, but also to make the coffee industry more sustainable. The entire essence of Cafe Britt  reminds any person that walks through it's gates that Costa Rica has ties to this Earth and has a goal of conserving its beauty and resources. The smell and beautiful gardens at Cafe Britt symbolize the importance of the coffee, nature, and the reverence for conservation that the Costa Rican people have. I am falling in love with Costa Rica and every aspect of this paradise. I am, without a doubt, so thankful for all that I am seeing and all that I have learned. As our journey is nearing its end, I am most thankful that whenever I will have a drink of coffee when I get back to the United States I can allow it to bring me back to this special land that holds a dear place in my heart!

Pura Vida,

Katie Usry


No comments:

Post a Comment