Monday, June 10, 2013

My Journey Thus Far In Costa Rica...

My journey in Costa Rica has been nothing short of amazing. My host family has been amazing as well. Since the first day I arrived here they have welcomed me into their home with open arms and made me feel welcomed and comfortable in their home. I love how they take the initiative to learn about my peers and I, as we also seek every opportunity to learn more about them and their culture as well. I have also enjoyed providing competent, skilled nursing care to some of the people of Costa Rica. Providing care to this specific population has provided me with some of the cross-cultural skills I will need as a student aspiring a career in Nursing, which is very important. It's a blessing to be able to provide care that brings a smile to the patients' faces. It brings warmth to my heart to know that I have the ability to make a difference in someone's life and furthermore, it reassures me of my purpose here on earth. Touring around the country of Costa Rica has also been a wonderful experience. I've had the chance to visit many of the cultural restaurants, beautiful resorts, and numerous sites. Overall, I am so grateful for this invaluable experience. Being immeresed into a culture that is a mere reflection of different values, beliefs, and cultural systems will enable me to perceive the nuances that are often overlooked in the health care profession and how they are vital to the treatment of an inidvidual patient. I am definitely LIVING and LEARNING in Costa Rica, and I am enjoying every minute of this amazing experience. Pura Vida!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment